Information about your use of our website is collected as follows:
- Registration. In order to become a part of the CVCTCardiobrief community, you may be required to register an account and provide certain personal information such as your name, email address, zip/postal code, profession, occupation, specialty and depending on your country of practice, your medical license number or equivalent. You may choose to update or supplement the personal information that you provided at registration at any time through your account settings or by contacting us.
- Market Research. You may be invited to participate in market research surveys conducted by us or on our behalf for our own internal business purposes and also market research surveys conducted by or on behalf of third party sponsors that commissioned the survey. For some surveys, you may be asked to provide personal information for re-contact (e.g., by e-mail or phone).
How Your Information May be Used
Information about you may be used for the following purposes:
- Provision of our website. We may use the information collected about you to provide and improve our website and its content.
- Account Management. We may use your information to administer your account, respond to your inquiries, fulfill your requests and send you administrative communications about our website.
Sharing Your Information with Third Parties
Information about your use of the Services may be shared as follows:
- Consent. We don’t disclose your personal information to any third party without your full consent.
- Social Widgets. We may include social widgets within our websites and apps which enable you to interact with the associated social media services, e.g., to share an article. These widgets may collect browsing data which may be received by the third party that provided the widget, and are controlled by these third parties. You may be able to manage your privacy preferences directly with the applicable social network platform.
Security of Information
We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational security measures to protect the personal information that we have under our control from unauthorized access, use, disclosure and accidental loss. When you enter personal information, we encrypt the transmission of that information or use SSL connections (Secure Socket Layer) technology. You are solely responsible for maintaining the security and confidentiality of your account username and password. Unfortunately, no method of transmission over the internet or method of electronic storage is completely secure. Therefore, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Choice and Control
- Account Information. You may update your registration information at any time through the Account Management feature available on each of our properties. You may also contact us and request that your registration information be updated or deleted. Note that if we delete your account, we may maintain certain de-identified information about you for internal business purposes including research, analytics and reporting.
- Cookies. Most browser software can be set to reject all cookies, including third party cookies, however, if you choose to reject our cookies, your ability to access and use our website will be limited. Refer to our Cookies Policy for additional information about opting out of cookies.
- Precise Location Information. You may disable the transmission of precise location information through your device settings. To change location settings on your device, please refer to your device’s official knowledge base.
- Email Communications. If you no longer wish to receive a particular type of email communication from us, you may unsubscribe by clicking the "unsubscribe" link located at the bottom of the email and following the instructions. Also, you may manage your newsletter subscriptions within the newsletter subscriptions area within your account settings. Note that certain email communications that we send to members are service-related and as long as you are a member of our website, you may not unsubscribe from such emails. Also, if you have provided us more than one email address, we may continue to contact you using the other email address not associated with the emails from which you have unsubscribed, until you unsubscribe from emails sent to that other address.
EU-U.S. Privacy Shield and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield
CVCTCardiobrief participates in and has compliance with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework with respect to its operation of our website. CVCTCardiobrief is committed to subjecting all personal information received from EU member countries and Switzerland, respectively, in reliance on each Privacy Shield Framework, to the Frameworks’ applicable Principles.
CVCTCardiobrief is responsible for the processing of personal information it receives, under each Privacy Shield Framework, and subsequently transfers to a third party acting as an agent on its behalf. CVCTCardiobrief complies with the Privacy Shield Principles for all onward transfers of personal information from the EU and Switzerland, including the onward transfer liability provisions. In certain situations, we may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements. If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact us.
If you have general questions about your account or our website, contact us.Please note that if you contact us to assist you, we may need to verify your identity before fulfilling your request.
Effective date: May 19, 2020